You will need:
- An Android phone that can run Cardboard
- Some 3d printed parts (but you can also cut them out of wood): https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3037781
- A Google Cardboard headset - I recommend this one because it has no parts that deteriorate in water: https://www.amazon.com/Spectre-Folding-Virtual-Reality-Accessory/dp/B01N1QZD60/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1533603800&sr=8-1&keywords=google+cardboard+spectre
- Farsighted swimming goggles: https://www.amazon.com/Hyperopia-Farsighted-Children-Different-Strengths/dp/B016H13B0G/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1533603903&sr=8-5&keywords=hyperopia%2Bswim%2Bgoggles&th=1&psc=1
- A waterproof pouch for the phone: https://www.amazon.com/JOTO-Universal-Waterproof-CellPhone-Samsung/dp/B00WXFSA5W/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1533603984&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=joto+waterproof+phone+case&psc=1
- Electrical tape (ideally black), glue, and a bit of copper tape.
How-to-build video: https://youtu.be/6Wn6fpFUuWA
Test video: https://youtu.be/N0XhAnGkYVs
The whole setup is pretty easy to assemble, and can be seen here.
(Image by Halcy0n)
Powered by PmWiki